Friday, July 31, 2009

Blue Angel Day

My day started by going to an estate sale down the street and finding this Blue Vintage Santos from Spain. (I like to think she looks like an angel.) I couldn't believe my luck... she will be a great display piece in the store.

This weekend is Seafair in Seattle.
Today my friends Nancy and Todd invited us out on their boat to watch the Blue Angels perform. I was so excited because this is one of my favorite things to do, especially on a hot summer day.


We are waiting on Lake Washington....Yea!! Here they Come!









The Blue Angels put on such a great show!! They fly so fast and low sometimes you can even see the pilot. It's loud but to me that's what makes it so exciting...
WOOOOOO!!!!

4 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

The Blue Angels have been at our local air show three times now. We go every year to see either the Angels or the Air Force Thunderbirds. Nothing like them! Glad you got to see them, too!
Hugs,
Donna

Linda Q said...

Great photos of the Blue Angels, you were brave being out in the heat. Well maybe the water helped!
Glad it has cooled off again.
The santos is cool. I have seen some in Seattle at times and thing they are neat looking!
Hope to visit the store soon, need a Joyworks fix!
Linda Q

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

I would have loved to been there to see that!!! Looks cool. And Ms Mannequin, to die for!! great find! Janna

Beth E-R said...

Wow, your day was fun with more fun piled on top! The blue Santos is gorgeous - what an amazing find. And to see the Blue Angels from a boat right below them sounds perfect.

Beth of Salvage Studio