Sunday, May 10, 2009

Like Mother Like Daughter

Happy Mother's Day

Yesterday my husband's family had a work party to clean up the family cabin to get ready to sell. Dean's dad was a collector so it was full... It was interesting to see how everybody handled this clean up differently. Some wanted to throw everything away, some wanted to donate items to a charity, while others got sentimental.
All day I was trying to save things saying. "Don't throw that away it might be worth something." or "Are you sure you don't want to keep it...your mom made it!" In the end I was able to save a few goodies for myself and our upcoming antique show...
There were so many old books and when I found this one from the 70's it made me laugh. I have a hard time throwing things away if I see potential in them for value or for crafting and I know I got it from my mom...
>
A crown I made for Dean's mother a few years back that was on her dresser at the cabin... I just had to save it...I'm also sentimental... :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the crown, I cannot throw anything away!Great blog..