Monday, September 1, 2008

Set the Stage




My husband Dean is a real estate agent for John L.Scott and today he asked if I would help stage a house which is to be listed in a couple of weeks. A lovely 4 bedroom, 2 bath,two story home in Ballard... a little plug for Dean... :) I took a few items from the store to use to fluff it up. Our goal was to make the house look good for his fliers and for the listing on the Internet. The challenge was to use their existing furniture and create a new look. We eliminated some personal items and moved the furniture around to make the room look bigger. I did have to use the same arrangements a few times but hopefully only you will notice. It all took place pretty quickly but I had a great time and look forward to helping him in the future. Next time I will bring more props...
In this tough market, staging a house has become quite popular. At Joyworks we carry a large variety of home decor which can help you to design your house to sell.

No comments: